SECONDARY CHARACTER / MYTHICAL GIJINKA
NAME: Kharuné Lykaine [ kar-roo-NEY ] — “Kharuné”
SPECIES: Hellhound Gijinka (Noviera / Mythical Verse); Invidia/Envy Demon (Vices & Virtues / Demon Verse)
GENDER: Male (he/him) || AGE: 19+ years || BIRTH DATE: December 17th || HEIGHT: 5′ 10″ (~178 cm)
IDENTITY: Aromantic + Demisexual
PERSONALITY: Reserved | Taciturn | Intuitive | Serious
Khimoré’s older twin brother, and the first son of Lady Nekrimae. Described as a prodigy by his own mother and tutors, Kharuné is a high ranking demon with several skill sets, who can masterfully control his dark magic.
Kharuné tends to have a neutral, sometimes deadpan, response to most things, and thus often comes off as indifferent or uncaring. However, he is polite and relatively patient, and will do whatever tasks is asked of him with swift attention. Despite the pressure from his mother to not associate with his “weaker” sister or with other weak demons, he occasionally goes to check on Khimoré when he can, and secretly tries to look out for her well being.
MAGIC ABILITY: Shadow Manipulation || Click To Expand / Collapse
A type of dark magic passed through his bloodline that he shares with his sister, Kharuné’s magic allows him to directly influence the movements of his shadow. Like his sister, he can let his shadow actively interact with the shadow of other objects, in order to better sense what or who they are, or as a defense by causing psychological discomfort or pain. He is also able to manifest his shadow into a physical form to interact with objects, and separate them from his body for a short period of time.
Additionally, Kharuné has a separate skill where he is able to split his shadow into 4 distinct forms. Each of Kharuné’s split shadows seem to have a separate nature from the others, and thus often used for distinct tasks such as tracking or guarding. However, each remain under his full control, so long as they stay within a close range. He often prefers to split his shadows than to use them together as a single unit.
In the passive form, his shadow is masked to look and behave normally, and he allows it to dictates its own movements. Often time his shadow will split into four depending on the lighting, but they otherwise engage in little interaction with it’s surroundings until necessary.
OCCUPATION(S): Freelance Hunter & Tracker/Guide
SKILLS: Hunting | Archery (accuracy and precision) | Training in bladed combat | Heightened sense of smell | Dark magic
LIKES: Quietness | Darkness | Training (archery and magic) | Praise (inwardly) | Solitude | Watching his sister’s progress and independence
DISLIKES: Unpleasant odors | Intolerance and elitism | Loud and/or aggressive people | Strained relationships | The unnecessary pressure gathered for being labelled a “prodigy”
[Italics] = Others’ Characters (© Their Respective Artists)
Artwork & Design References
MAIN DESIGN: Hellhound Gijinka (Noviera / Mythical Verse); based on Black dogs and the Black Shuck
Yellow eyes, with slit pupils and yellow sclera; dark purple hair with darker streaks and a light underside, reach to the back of neck; ectomorph; dog ears that stand erect, but move expressively; ox-like horns that protrude from back of head, then curl towards the front; eyeliner-like markings around eyes; sharp canine teeth; long wolf-like tail; sharp black fingernails and claw-like toenails.
ALTERNATE DESIGNS AND VERSES:
(Fangs & Magic AU)
(Mafia AU; etc.)
CHARACTER TROPES: The Ace; Ineffectual Loner; Aloof Big Brother; The Beastmaster; Living Shadow (his shadow is, at least)
MUSIC THEME(S): Linkin Park’s “Numb“; Imogen Heap’s “Hide and Seek” (Garrett Garfield Cover); Adam Lambert’s “There’s I Said It” — see Spotify Playlist for more
UNSORTED CONTENT || NOTE: Needs Revision, but click to Expand / Collapse
- Kharune has skills in archery and a heightened sense of smell that rivals his sister’s, and arguable surpasses her in mastery. However, he tend to rely more on shadow to keep aware of his surroundings.
- Has a few skills in swordsmanship which he was tutored in as a younger demon, but has an near-exclusive preference for his bow and arrow, as it allows him to strike from a distance.
- Doesn’t hunt as often as his sister, but when he does he tend to go for larger game, able to subdue them more easily with the assistance of his magic.
- When splitting his shadow into four, they each appear to take on a more canine appearance, and they are smaller and swifter than his sister’s single shadow.
- Like his sister, his shadow is and extension of both his magic and emotions. In particular, while Kharune himself keeps a more stoic front, his spilt shadows seem to display differing “personalities” that are loosely based on the Four humors / temperaments (sanguine, choleric, melacholic, and phlegmatic).