MAGIC ABILITY: Shadow Manipulation || Click To Expand / Collapse
A type of dark magic passed through his bloodline that he shares with his sister, Kharuné’s magic allows him to directly influence the movements of his shadow. Like his sister, he can let his shadow actively interact with the shadow of other objects, in order to better sense what or who they are, or as a defense by causing psychological discomfort or pain. He is also able to manifest his shadow into a physical form to interact with objects, and separate them from his body for a short period of time.
Additionally, Kharuné has a separate skill where he is able to split his shadow into 4 distinct forms. Each of Kharuné’s split shadows seem to have a separate nature from the others, and thus often used for distinct tasks such as tracking or guarding. However, each remain under his full control, so long as they stay within a close range. He often prefers to split his shadows than to use them together as a single unit.
In the passive form, his shadow is masked to look and behave normally, and he allows it to dictates its own movements. Often time his shadow will split into four depending on the lighting, but they otherwise engage in little interaction with it’s surroundings until necessary.
[Italics] = Others’ Characters (© Their Respective Artists)
Artwork & Design References
Yellow eyes, with slit pupils and yellow sclera; dark purple hair with darker streaks and a light underside, reach to the back of neck; ectomorph; dog ears that stand erect, but move expressively; ox-like horns that protrude from back of head, then curl towards the front; eyeliner-like markings around eyes; sharp canine teeth; long wolf-like tail; sharp black fingernails and claw-like toenails.
ALTERNATE DESIGNS AND VERSES:
(Fangs & Magic AU)
(Mafia AU; etc.)
UNSORTED CONTENT || NOTE: Needs Revision, but click to Expand / Collapse
- Kharune has skills in archery and a heightened sense of smell that rivals his sister’s, and arguable surpasses her in mastery. However, he tend to rely more on shadow to keep aware of his surroundings.
- Has a few skills in swordsmanship which he was tutored in as a younger demon, but has an near-exclusive preference for his bow and arrow, as it allows him to strike from a distance.
- Doesn’t hunt as often as his sister, but when he does he tend to go for larger game, able to subdue them more easily with the assistance of his magic.
- When splitting his shadow into four, they each appear to take on a more canine appearance, and they are smaller and swifter than his sister’s single shadow.
- Like his sister, his shadow is and extension of both his magic and emotions. In particular, while Kharune himself keeps a more stoic front, his spilt shadows seem to display differing “personalities” that are loosely based on the Four humors / temperaments (sanguine, choleric, melacholic, and phlegmatic).