SECONDARY CHARACTER / MYTHICAL GIJINKA
NAME: Mehndi Altarra [ MEN-dee ] — “Mehndi”
SPECIES: Leviathan Gijinka (Noviera / Mythical Verse)
GENDER: Female (she/her) || AGE: 28+ years || BIRTH DATE: July 13th || HEIGHT: 5′ 8″ (~172 cm)
IDENTITY: Panromantic + Asexual
PERSONALITY: Mellow | Creative | Friendly | Eccentric | Oblivious
Upon first meeting her, Mehndi appears to be a slightly eccentric, yet unenthusiastic, gijinka. But those that take the time to know her learn she’s surprisingly driven when it come to her livelihood, masking her focus and enthusiasm behind a highly relaxed demeanor. Mehndi keeps a carefree and slow-paced lifestyle to match her character.
There are few things that will faze her or stress her out, as she prefers not to sweat the small stuff, and it can be hard for others to tell what’s going through her mind. She is sociable and enjoys being around others, not at all shy about meeting new gijinka or welcoming company, nor quick to judge. Mehndi also has her oblivious moments, where things may go over her head.
MAGIC ABILITY: Placeholder || Click To Expand / Collapse
OCCUPATION(S): Body Modification Artist
SKILLS: Body modification (piercings and tattoos, body paint, etc.) | Good sense of design and an eye for detail | Fishing | Swimming | Extreme flexibility (“double jointed”)
LIKES: FISH | Water and swimming | Admiring unique tattoos and piercings | Meeting interesting people | Yoga | Relaxing
Artwork & Design References
MAIN DESIGN: Leviathan Gijinka (Mythical Verse); Loosely based on the Grey Reef Shark
Blue eyes with pale blue sclera and slit pupils; Dark blue hair with widow peak, darker streaks at the end of side bangs; ectomorph build and flexible body; markings on eyelids and brow; serrated shark teeth; fin-like ears with multiple piercings; two dorsal fins on back and base of tail; A fin on the side of each wrist; long shark-like tail with side and tail fins; full body tattoo
ALTERNATE DESIGNS AND VERSES:
(Mafia AU; etc.)
CHARACTER TROPES: (WIP)
MUSIC THEME(S): (WIP)
UNSORTED CONTENT || NOTE: Needs Revision, but click to Expand / Collapse
Mehndi is a traveling body artist, and learned the trade from her grandmother. She travels from market to market to offer her skills to gijinka who are interested in sporting a unique tattoo or piercing of their own. Having practiced the art for many years, she’ll guarantee great results, provided that her clients are willing to deal with the bit of pain that comes with it. While she specializes in piercings and tattoos, she can also do other types of body art, such as temporary tattoos or body paint, depending on the gijinka’s preferences.
- The tattoo on her body is divided into two sections. One part goes around her right arm and down her back and side, to end at her right hip. The other part starts at her left hip and goes around her left leg, ending at her ankle. She earned this tattoo from her grandmother after mastering the craft.
- The skin on her tails and fins, as with sharks, are rough like sandpaper, especially when rubbed against the grain, so she tries to be careful not to scratch anyone with them.
- Mendhi’s natural speaking tone is slurred and slow-paced, giving her a “lazy” manner of speech. It’s from Mehndi and her grandmother that Zuro picked up bits of his colloquial speech pattern, particularly his occasional slurring.
- Learned fishing as an early skill from her father, and as a means to gather her own food during her travels. She’s a decent swimmer and can keep up with most fish in open water, but prefers to use other methods of fishing above land or from a boat (fish traps, fish nets, or if the opportunity presents itself, her hands).
- Mehndi is highly flexible, and can bend certain parts of her body easily without much strain, particularly her spine and limbs. This is due to her being both hypermobile (“double-jointed”) in those parts of her body, and generally keeping her muscles limber through stretching and yoga.