MAGIC ABILITY: Placeholder || Click To Expand / Collapse
[Italics] = Others’ Characters (© Their Respective Artists)
Artwork & Design References
MAIN DESIGN: Leviathan Gijinka (Mythical Verse); Loosely based on the Grey Reef Shark
Blue eyes with pale blue sclera and slit pupils; Dark blue hair with widow peak, darker streaks at the end of side bangs; ectomorph build and flexible body; markings on eyelids and brow; serrated shark teeth; fin-like ears with multiple piercings; two dorsal fins on back and base of tail; A fin on the side of each wrist; long shark-like tail with side and tail fins; full body tattoo
ALTERNATE DESIGNS AND VERSES:
(Mafia AU; etc.)
UNSORTED CONTENT || NOTE: Needs Revision, but click to Expand / Collapse
Mehndi is a traveling body artist, and learned the trade from her grandmother. She travels from market to market to offer her skills to gijinka who are interested in sporting a unique tattoo or piercing of their own. Having practiced the art for many years, she’ll guarantee great results, provided that her clients are willing to deal with the bit of pain that comes with it. While she specializes in piercings and tattoos, she can also do other types of body art, such as temporary tattoos or body paint, depending on the gijinka’s preferences.
- The tattoo on her body is divided into two sections. One part goes around her right arm and down her back and side, to end at her right hip. The other part starts at her left hip and goes around her left leg, ending at her ankle. She earned this tattoo from her grandmother after mastering the craft.
- The skin on her tails and fins, as with sharks, are rough like sandpaper, especially when rubbed against the grain, so she tries to be careful not to scratch anyone with them.
- Mendhi’s natural speaking tone is slurred and slow-paced, giving her a “lazy” manner of speech. It’s from Mehndi and her grandmother that Zuro picked up bits of his colloquial speech pattern, particularly his occasional slurring.
- Learned fishing as an early skill from her father, and as a means to gather her own food during her travels. She’s a decent swimmer and can keep up with most fish in open water, but prefers to use other methods of fishing above land or from a boat (fish traps, fish nets, or if the opportunity presents itself, her hands).
- Mehndi is highly flexible, and can bend certain parts of her body easily without much strain, particularly her spine and limbs. This is due to her being both hypermobile (“double-jointed”) in those parts of her body, and generally keeping her muscles limber through stretching and yoga.