PHIZZUROH “ZURO” SOLARIN
MAIN CHARACTER / MYTHICAL GIJINKA
NAME: Phizzuroh “Zuro” Solarin [ fizz-ZOO-row ]
SPECIES: Dragon Gijinka (Noviera / Mythical Verse)
GENDER: Male (he/him) || AGE: 22+ years || BIRTH DATE: March 25th || HEIGHT: 5′ 10″ (~178 cm)
IDENTITY: Heterosexual (Straight)
PERSONALITY: Casual | Easy-going | Quick-witted |
Smart Ass | Cynical | Spiteful | Dependable | Resourceful
Phizzuroh is an outspoken dragon who approaches life with a relaxed attitude. He can often be seen wearing some form of a smirk or a grin, and speaks in a colloquial manner 95% of the time — only rarely using formality as necessary.
Zuro tends to display a bit of a know-it-all streak, and a part of him enjoys showing up people and proving them wrong. For the most part, he can back up his claims with his resourceful knowledge, as he’s brighter than he lets on. But occasionally this behavior backfires on him, and he can sometimes come off as an arrogant smartass.
Those tendencies aside, Zuro is fairly even-tempered and has a good sense of humor, and will show that side to those he is familiar with. He does his best not to show frustration or embarrassment, and rarely gets very angry — but when he does, he tends to act more cynical and spiteful, more than he realizes. Though apt to act lightly in most situations, he recognizes when to switch gears and be serious.
Zuro has a teasing way of showing friendliness and affection, and enjoys some good-natured banter. There are times where he will push his luck with others, but he never aims to be hurtful; he isn’t the type to judge or berate, and will back off if another isn’t comfortable with his teasing. Overall, Zuro strives to be a reliable person towards those he cares for, and is eager to do what he can to encourage and help a friend.
MAGIC ABILITY: Toxin Neutralization || Click To Expand / Collapse
Zuro is able to use dark magic to neutralize any toxin, poison, or venom within a person’s body. With added power, he can even extract the toxin in its pure form. The stronger the toxin, and the longer it is in a person’s system, the more energy is needed.
NOTE: This is NOT equivalent to general healing magic; Zuro can stop a poison’s effect from progressing, but he cannot reverse whatever damage has already been done (such as tissue or nerve damage).
OCCUPATION(S): Venom & Antidote Specialist (Noviera / Mythical Verse); Biochemist; Apothecary
SKILLS: Toxin neutralization | Acute vision | Leaf-playing | Tree-climbing | Entomophagic diet (i.e. Bug-eating) | Herbalism | Other sciences, with a strength in biology and chemistry | Dexterity and precision | Alcohol Tolerance
LIKES: TEASING AND BANTER | Warm weather | Traveling | Bugs (as a snack–) | Boa (Pet snake) | His girlfriend, friends, and family
DISLIKES: COLD WEATHER | Red meat | “Players” who lack responsibility or concern for their partners | his douche of an estranged FATHER—
SIGNIFICANT OTHER: ADELLE — Girlfriend (Moonrabbit); Adelle © Synodicmeg [Instagram]
[Italics] = Others’ Characters (© Their Respective Artists)
Artwork & Design References
MAIN DESIGN: Dragon Gijinka (Mythical Verse); based on the Amphisbaena
Emerald green eyes, with slit pupils and yellow sclera; golden blond hair; ectomorph build; pointed, expressive ears, with industrial & cuff piercings (left and right ears, respectively); eyelid markings (fine scaly texture); sharp canine teeth; pair of horns; long, snake-like tail; wing tattoos on shoulder blades; Scales that extend from tail up back, between shoulder blades
ALTERNATE DESIGNS AND VERSES:
(Anthro / Feral Verse)
(Fangs & Magic AU)
(Mafia AU; etc.)
CHARACTER TROPES: Dark-Skinned Blond; Bunny-Ears Lawyer; The Smart Guy; Hot Scientist (male equivalent); Baka
MUSIC THEME(S): Jason Mraz’s “The Remedy (I Won’t Worry)“; Set It Off’s “Why Worry“; Owl City’s & Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Good Time” — see Spotify Playlist for more
UNSORTED CONTENT || NOTE: Needs Revision, but click to Expand / Collapse
- Zuro’s main job is going into the field to collect varying types of plants, resources and substances — including venom — that can be used for developing medicines, antidotes, and antivenin. He’s also adept at mixing and creating antidotes himself in his small lab at his home, and usually carries a few vital ones on his person.
- Zuro has two ear piercings: an industrial piercing on his left ear, and a cuff piercing on his right.
- Besides his obvious speech habits, Zuro speaks with a slight, but noticeably raspy voice.
- Zuro has very sharp eyesight, and is able to focus his vision to catch tiny details or objects. He also has above average peripheral vision and night vision. This comes in handy during his outings in the field.
- Prefers to have an entomophagic diet, and is not shy about letting others know this. In fact, he’s rather amused by others’ reactions when he eats a scorpion kebab like it’s nothing unusual. Also really loves honeypot ants.
- On the other hand, he doesn’t actually like the taste of red meat very much. He can eat it in small amounts, but he nonetheless seems to find the taste of bug guts much more appealing.
- Zuro has a high alcohol tolerance. He doesn’t drink very often, but when he does it takes a much longer while before he meets his threshold and shows signs of being tipsy.
- During his teenage years, Zuro received a snakebite from Boa on his left shoulder blade. Though he had completely recovered, the snake-bite area is badly scarred. Occasionally he will feel sore in that area, but does his best to bear it and not to show this to others.
- As a dragon, Zuro is capable of growling, but rarely does it. He can also “growl” contently when he’s feeling really relaxed, much like a cat’s purr. He won’t do this around others unless he’s comfortable with them, and even when he does he tends to be embarrassed by it.
- His amulet has a pendant made from a piece of amber with an ant trapped inside (a reference to being an amphisbaena). The amulet was crafted by his mother, though the amber itself was apparently from his father.
- Recently got a pair of wing tattoos on his shoulder blades, to complement Adelle’s. The left one covers the majority of his scar, though the texture/feel and soreness of the injury remains.