SECONDARY CHARACTER / MYTHICAL GIJINKA
NAME: Zelda Solarin — “Zelda”
SPECIES: Chimera Gijinka (Noviera / Mythical Verse)
GENDER: Female (she/her) || AGE: 43+ years || BIRTH DATE: January 18th || HEIGHT: 5′ 6″ (~168 cm)
IDENTITY: Heterosexual (Straight)
PERSONALITY: Quiet | Studious | Patient | Resilient | Compassionate
Zelda is a soft-spoken, but patient chimera who prefers to listen to her company than to talk. Though often enjoying her own solitude, Zelda values her the relationships and support system that she has; while she tries not to burden others with her own concerns, she’s glad to accept help when needed and appreciates those that she can confide in. In return, Zelda strives to keep herself open to lend assistance to those she cares for.
Most of the time, Zelda is agreeable and open to most things, but she can also be surprisingly resolute for anything she strongly believes in. She is content with her life now, but due to her past experiences and mistakes, she tends to carry a bittersweet, if not solemn smile.
MAGIC ABILITY: Placeholder || Click To Expand / Collapse
OCCUPATION(S): Scholar / Teacher; Hobbyist Jewelry Maker
SKILLS: Botany and herbalism | Mentoring, advising, and comforting | Jeweling and jewelry crafting | Basic metal work
LIKES: Having company | Mentoring and comforting others | Seafood | Jewelry | Her family (i.e. her son)
DISLIKES: Broken promises | Seeing others upset | Showing her own insecurities
SIGNIFICANT OTHER: DZHOKAR — Ex-Partner (Dragon)
DzhoZelda’s status depends on the context; in some verses/AUs they’re together, in others they remain separated.
- PHIZZUROH — Son (Dragon)
- ADELLE — Daughter-In-Law (Moonrabbit)
- AZIZA — Twin Granddaughter (Dragon)
- ZACCHAEUS — Twin Grandson (Moonrabbit)
[Italics] = Others’ Characters (© Their Respective Artists)
Artwork & Design References
MAIN DESIGN: Chimera Gijinka (Noviera / Mythical Verse); loosely based on the lioness and caracal
Teal blue eyes with slit pupils and yellow sclera; golden blond hair, past shoulder-length; ectomorph; long, ram-like horns that curl around the back/side of her head; cat-like ears; green snake-tail (“Nasha”) that often behaves independently, but in tandem with her motions and mood.
ALTERNATE DESIGNS AND VERSES:
(Anthro / Feral Verse)
|HUMILITY [REFORMED] DEMON|
(Fangs & Magic AU; Mafia AU; etc.)
CHARACTER TROPES: Doting Parent; Open Minded Parent; The Quiet One; Broken Bird; Mama Bear
MUSIC THEME(S): Sue Ellen’s “Shattered Dreams” cover; Hiroyuki Sawano’s and Aimee Blackschleger’s “Release My Soul“; Celine Dion’s “A New Day Has Come” (Acoustic)
UNSORTED CONTENT || NOTE: Needs Revision, but click to Expand / Collapse
Zelda grew up maintaining a scholarly way of life and highly values education. Her specialty is biology, specifically in studying and teaching botany and herbalism. While her studies can be applied medicinally in theory, in practice she educates others with her new insights of various native flora. Zelda also has skills in jewelry crafting, and while it’s more of a hobby for her own pleasure, she occasionally takes commissions for custom hand-crafted jewelry.
- Zelda’s quiet nature allows her to be more observant and perceptive, and she can often tell when something is bothering someone she is close with — call it a mother’s instinct.
- Zelda loves jewelry and gems, and in her spare time enjoys jewelry crafting for herself and others. She also has a basic understanding in metal work, that she learned from assisting her late father.
- Like most chimera, and among her other feline-like attributes, Zelda can purr when content, but hasn’t done so around anyone else in a long time.
- Her snake tail “Nasha” (named by Breia) has a mellow nature and tends to quietly observe things. It acts more as an extra limb / accessory pet, but it does emote when reacting to something it’s focused on.